- Since I have been asked in email about not blogging recently, I feel it only fair to let y’all know that I have decided to take an extended break to reassess my political involvement. Little doubt there will be some boasting of how they brought me down, but they are wrong. My reason is two […]
The 39th Parade of Homes, a showcase collection of innovative designs, beautiful landscapes and fully furnished homes, will take place September 16 through October 2, 2016 (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays) in Ridgefield at Carty Road Estates.
This post: Clark County Parade of Homes Builds Excitement was originally featured on Clark County Live!
For more detailed coverage of the People, Places, Activities and Events throughout the neighborhoods of Clark County, please visit us at Clark County Live!
- By Steven Nelson Recently State Representative Jim Moeller introduce one of the most egregious pieces of Legislation ever put forward in the Washington Legislature. In his legislative update Rep Moeller presents his gun grabbing bill that would make hundreds of…
- They Stormed the Beaches in Normandy and the "Barry-cades" In D.C. Let's show them how much we love them by giving them a big welcome home!Friends there are TWO Honor Flights coming to the Portland Airport this week. If you have never been, I would recommend going. It's moving and I still get pride and tearful when I think about it now. They have given so much and only right we honor them for our freedoms.See below for past welcome home at PDX.
Honor Flight #1
Thursday, 10/17/13 -- 7:30 PM staging time -- main level by the north escalators
"Wish of a Lifetime" is taking nine (9) veterans back to Washington DC to see their memorial. Let's join with USO NW to welcome home these veterans.
Honor Flight #2
Sunday, 10/20/13 -- 10:30 AM staging time -- main level by the north escalators
"BOTH: Welcome Home - Honor Flight" is taking fifty (50) WWII veterans back to Washington DC to see their memorial.
BRING A FLAG IF YOU HAVE ONE!
- Check out this woman's blog!!! http://dangerouslee.biz/2013/04/17/national-poetry-month-spotlight-tyler-presnell-for-all-poets/
[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
- On Saturday Avery and her friend, Ava, participated in a Junior Archaeologist dig at Fort Vancouver National Historic Reserve. They were able to dig within the walls of the Fort with archaeologists from Washington State University and the National Parks Service. For these two dirt-loving little diggers, they were were complete heaven for two hours. The archaeologists dug holes and buried "treasures" between layers of dirt. The first items discovered were things like number 2 pencils and Legos. The second layer of items they found were older objects like mugs and coins from the 50's, 60's and 70's. The bottom layer included actual artifacts from the Fort that were found in past digs. The kids had to dig up these items, clean them, and then write down their findings while determining the age of the items and whether they belonged to the Fort. It was actually very neat. At the end they had to choose a favorite item and present it to the group, then they all received pins and awards certifying them at Junior Archaeologists.The Fort does Kids Dig! events every July, and they are free for children 8 and older (adults pay the $5 park entrance fee). You have to reserve your space ahead of time and it's totally worth it. Such a great experience!
Hiring Full/Part-Time Actors for work year round! Lots of Perks!
We currently have openings in our Portland Troupe for new MALE and FEMALE talent!Ages 18+ non-union work.This is a fantastic opportunity that will provide the following:
Each of our actors has the opportunity to act in up to 300 shows per year, with no show minimum required. This means that they may participate in as few or as many shows as they desire, an excellent arrangement for actors with separate non-industry employment or those interested in taking on additional projects. The Murder Mystery Company also pays a base $75/per performance and pays via direct deposit. We also reimburse gas and pay for travel expenses. If you choose to travel to a non-local performance we will handle flights and lodging.
The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give our repeat customers something new to look forward to.
Auditions will be held Tuesday, October 28th
These are scheduled auditions.
Please submit your head shot and theatrical resume with the subject heading "Portland Auditions" to murdermysterylisa (at) gmail (dot) com to be considered.